ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Woodward announced that, in addition to permanent layoffs and temporary furloughs, it would be temporarily shuttering its Rock Cut campus due to the coronavirus pandemic.
“We hope to return our furloughed members back to work as soon as possible. We hope this could be a matter of two months, but we cannot guarantee a time period based on the information that we currently possess. We do not know how long the COVID-19 pandemic will last, and we do not know how long the precipitous economic downturn in our aerospace markets will last,” the company said in a statement.
Woodward laid off approximately 425 workers on Wednesday. The furloughs will begin on Monday.
- Ohio Democrat distances herself from Biden in new ad
- Amboy motorcyclist injured in crash with deer
- Experts say drivers can be cautiously optimistic about falling gas prices
- McHenry County man charged with having sex with a dog, child porn possession
- Woman orders cigars, gets 100 Tennessee license plates instead