FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 27-year-old Dylan Keep was arrested Tuesday after police say he attempted to meet a person he believed to be a 15-year-old girl for sex.
According to Freeport Police, on February 24th, detectives were contacted by a representative from “Worldwide Predator Hunters,” a civilian group based out of Edgerton, Wis., with a tip that Keep was in contact with someone he thought was only 15-years-old.
According to the criminal complaint, between February 21st and February 28th, Keep sent a lewd photograph via the Internet to this person, with the purpose of seducing the girl into committing a sexual act.
Keep was charged with Unlawful Grooming and taken to the Stephenson County Jail.
He was released after bonding out.
- Mild Weekend, Cool Week, Dry All Around
- ‘Small Business Saturday’ even more important in times of COVID-19
- New Santa Clara County COVID health order leaves 49ers without home
- Local store creates custom candle for Rockford City Market, will donate proceeds
- Rockford ‘Stroll on State’ starts with a bang