FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 27-year-old Dylan Keep was arrested Tuesday after police say he attempted to meet a person he believed to be a 15-year-old girl for sex.
According to Freeport Police, on February 24th, detectives were contacted by a representative from “Worldwide Predator Hunters,” a civilian group based out of Edgerton, Wis., with a tip that Keep was in contact with someone he thought was only 15-years-old.
According to the criminal complaint, between February 21st and February 28th, Keep sent a lewd photograph via the Internet to this person, with the purpose of seducing the girl into committing a sexual act.
Keep was charged with Unlawful Grooming and taken to the Stephenson County Jail.
He was released after bonding out.
- Rivets held to one hit on an opening night loss to the La Crosse Loggers
- Health officials hope people are thoughtful about virus risks ahead of July 4th weekend
- Tips for AC units that could save you big time
- Frequent bus passenger buys ice cream for RMTD workers
- Rockford Art Museum to re-open on Monday