ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) – The YMCA is raising money to give parents a safe daycare alternative.
At the YMCA of the Rock River Valley’s annual Community Outreach Breakfast on Tuesday, at the Radisson Hotel and Convention Center, at 200 S. Bell School Road, donations were raised in support of the Y’s Children’s Learning Center.
The center, located at 2918 Glenwood Avenue, provides a cheap and safe place for parents to drop off their kids when they go to work.
Organizers of the breakfast fundraiser say they don’t want finances to be a barrier for an important part of a child’s education.
“We want to make sure that, especially families that may be in crisis, or may be struggling, a foster family, have access and we don’t want the financial burden to be what limits them from getting a good, quality early childhood,” said Executive Director Sarah Renicker.
This year, the YMCA’s goal is to raise $30,000.
- Mild Weekend, Cool Week, Dry All Around
- ‘Small Business Saturday’ even more important in times of COVID-19
- New Santa Clara County COVID health order leaves 49ers without home
- Local store creates custom candle for Rockford City Market, will donate proceeds
- Rockford ‘Stroll on State’ starts with a bang