FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — September 22, 2019 marks YMCA’s 150th year operating in Freeport.
The organization celebrated in style, from bounce houses, to balloons and of course cake.
The Y credits the thousands of volunteers over the years for its success.
“We’re just fortunate to have so many good people working for the YMCA,” said CEO, Family YMCA of Northwest Illinois, Rich Haight.
Haight said Sunday’s celebration is also a way to say thank you to everyone who’s been involved with the Y and the community for its support.
- Family seeks answers after police kill Texas woman at home
- Teens arrested after log goes off cliff, kills photographer while taking senior pictures
- 10-year-old dies after being flung from festival ride
- 10-year-old kicks attempted rapist in groin, escapes, records say
- Sugar Britches Promises Halloween Goodness