FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — September 22, 2019 marks YMCA’s 150th year operating in Freeport.
The organization celebrated in style, from bounce houses, to balloons and of course cake.
The Y credits the thousands of volunteers over the years for its success.
“We’re just fortunate to have so many good people working for the YMCA,” said CEO, Family YMCA of Northwest Illinois, Rich Haight.
Haight said Sunday’s celebration is also a way to say thank you to everyone who’s been involved with the Y and the community for its support.
- Harlem in 3rd place after day 1 of State Tournament
- Jefferson cruises past Auburn Friday night
- Boylan defeats Guilford, clinches NIC-10 championship outright
- East dominates Freeport in final home game
- Hononegah bounces back in win over Belvidere