ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The YMCA of the Rock River Valley used pedal power to benefit local kids and families with its inaugural Spin-A-Thon Monday morning.
Riders took to the saddle shifts as a DJ kept them motivated.
YMCA CEO Brent Pentenburg also took part in the event, riding for the entire 7 hours.
Pentenburg says the money raised will help build a stronger community.
“We help every person reach their full, God-given potential,” he said. “We give them a place to belong. So, we do this so that more people have access to programs and services.”
Pentenburg’s ride alone helped raise $1,000.
- Coronaviruses explained: what you need to know
- UPS training thousands of drivers to spot, report human trafficking
- Woman shoots 3 Illinois State Troopers, killing 1, before turning gun on herself
- New case of coronavirus confirmed in California
- Trump lawyers argue Democrats just want to overturn election