LOVES PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — The 2020 Young at Heart parade and fireworks display has been canceled over concerns of the spread of COVID-19, the City of Loves Park announced Tuesday.
The parade and fireworks display were set to be held Saturday, May 23rd.
This is the second year in a row the Memorial Day weekend staple will not be held.
The 2019 Young at Heart Festival was suspended due to declining attendance and financial issues.
- One man dead, one in critical condition after overnight crash in Beloit
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses
- CDC issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map
- Can a Supreme Court vacancy be filled during election year?
- ‘Glory Days’: East 1974 State Champions