ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The traditional Easter Brunch took on a different form this year amid the coronavirus shutdowns.
Local restaurants typically prepare for the meal weeks ahead of time. Now, they had the extra stress of preparing all the food to-go.
Prarie Street Brewing Company faced similar challenges, short-handed due to lay-offs during the ‘Stay at Home’ order.
“We all employ quite a few local residents and we want to keep on supporting our employees and the community as much as we can,” explained Chris Manuel, the CEO.
Despite the circumstances, the restaurant was proud to have sold out all of their Easter Brunch specials.
- April chill replaces weekend warmth; Chance for light snow showers Tuesday
- Oregon High School seniors raise money for arts program by showcasing local talent
- ‘There was so much hope when this started’ | Potshot over pot shops
- Alma Wahlberg, mother of Mark, Donnie Wahlberg, dies at 78
- NASA’s Mars helicopter is set to take history-making flight Monday. Here’s how to watch it