LOVES PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Loves Park Police are asking the public’s help to identify the owners of two vehicles which were involved in striking and killing a 17-year-old teen on Sunday.
Police say the crash happened at 12:40 a.m. in the 1800 block of Riverside Boulevard.
Investigators said Brent Griebel died at the scene. Winnebago County Coroner William Hintz said the autopsy revealed he died of blunt force trauma to the head.
Loves Park Police say they have three vehicles of interest in the case, and have identified one car, and both its driver and passenger.
Anyone who can identify the suspects or the two remaining suspect vehicles is asked to contact police at 815-654-5015 or Rockford Area Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
- Musician Miles Nielsen hosting fundraiser for Rockford domestic violence shelter
- John Deere Classic in the Quad Cities is canceled
- Looser restrictions will lead to more opportunities for local golfers
- Pritzker lifts all restrictions on Illinois churches after Supreme Court challenge
- Beer drinking, 103-year-old nursing home resident beats COVID-19