LOVES PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Markus Smith State Farm in Loves Park handed out free meals to 250 essential workers on Friday.
Starting at noon, the company, at 5535 N. 2nd Street, purchased meals which were distributed by Veebo’s Pizza and The Olive Branch food trucks, to workers who had signed up online.
Smith said he and his staff wanted to acknowledge the sacrifices essential workers make by clocking in each day during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
“When you’re locked down and all these people are out there, you just feel like you’re not doing enough and so you always say, ‘What can do? How can I help?’ And, I felt that this is one way that I could actually contribute, by actually trying to say thank you to all those that took that risk,” he said.
- Huskies Upended by SIU Edwardsville
- No. 5 Illini fall in early season top-five matchup with No. 2 Baylor
- Frosty Wednesday morning, Toasty Wednesday afternoon
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- Community mourns beloved businessman Tony Artale after losing battle with COVID-19