ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Kent Stoner, the Machesney Park man accused of killing his 70-year-old mother in May 2019, was determined unfit to stand trial by a Winnebago County judge on Wednesday.
Deputies were called to an apartment on the 200 block of Northway Park Road around 10 a.m. on the morning of Monday, May 6th. Sharon Stoner was found unresponsive and was pronounced dead on the scene.
Stoner, 46, is accused of beating her to death.
He is charged with First Degree Murder and Domestic Battery.
Stoner is due back in court in November.
- Luck announces retirement following Colts loss to Bears
- Bears defense comes up big in first preseason win of the year
- Hundreds fill up their bellies at the 2nd Annual Rock River Food Truck Fest
- The family of Mark Anthony Barmore invites community to unite on his 10 year anniversary
- Britain’s leader says trade deal with US won’t be easy