ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Kent Stoner, the Machesney Park man accused of killing his 70-year-old mother in May 2019, was determined unfit to stand trial by a Winnebago County judge on Wednesday.
Deputies were called to an apartment on the 200 block of Northway Park Road around 10 a.m. on the morning of Monday, May 6th. Sharon Stoner was found unresponsive and was pronounced dead on the scene.
Stoner, 46, is accused of beating her to death.
He is charged with First Degree Murder and Domestic Battery.
Stoner is due back in court in November.
- Blackhawks Recall Lucas Carlsson
- Sanders wins Nevada caucuses, takes national Democratic lead
- Sterling boys swim team takes home sectional title at Byron
- Harlem bowlers take second at State
- Bill could remove religion-based exemptions for vaccinations