ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Machesney Park has joined other local communities ready to cash in on legal marijuana.
The Village Trustees approved a 3 percent tax on Monday night.
Three percent is the highest rate that Illinois state law allows.
The Rockford City Council passed the same tax rate last night.
Recreational marijuana becomes legal in Illinois on January 1st, 2020.
- President Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts restored
- Pritzker to allow indoor dining sooner than expected
- Fred VanVleet donates winter coats to Rockford elementary students
- DC takes ‘aggressive posture’ on security ahead of Inauguration Day
- Rapper Post Malone donates 10,000 pairs of Crocs to front-line hospital workers