OGLESBY, Ill. (AP) — Authorities say a man has died after falling almost 50 feet (15 meters) from an overhang at Starved Rock State Park.
Illinois Conservation Police Sgt Phil Wire says the 30-year-old was working with a film crew near Council Overhang when he went off trail and fell around 10 a.m. Saturday.
Authorities did not release the man’s name.
Wire says the film crew had a permit to operate at Starved Rock, a popular park about 100 miles (160 kilometers) southwest of Chicago. The crew included six others and the man who died.
- NIU and MAC football teams to take the field in November
- Report: Trump to choose Amy Coney Barrett to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Supreme Court
- Machesney Park school switches to remote learning after increase in COVID-19 cases
- Police investigating shooting on Webster Avenue in Rockford
- Trump pledges $500B to black communities; designates KKK, Antifa as ‘terrorist organizations’
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.