BELOIT, Wis. (WTVO) — Beloit Police have taken a person of interest in the fatal shooting of 19-year-old Enrique Ramirez into custody.
30-year-old Chet A. Hummell was arrested Friday evening in Rockford in Rockford on a felon in possession of a firearm charge.
Officials said the Rock County District Attorney’s Office will review the case for other potential charges.
Ramirez was pronounced dead at 5:46 a.m. Thursday at Mercy Hospital in Janesville.
- Kyle Slattery leads Rockford area pros in day one of the Illinois Open
- 15 arrested in California child sex sting – including highway patrol officer, prison employee
- Undocumented migrant injured after falling from 30-foot-tall border barrier
- 3 Wyoming sightseeing balloons crash, as many as 20 injured
- Woman says 4-foot snake ‘slithered up’ from toilet in Colorado apartment