ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 31-year-old Brandon Abell, of Tampico, is charged with the kidnapping and rape of a 12-year-old runaway in Rockford.
According to the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office, police received a report of a sexual assault of a juvenile on June 22nd.
During the course of their investigation, they determined that Abell traveled to Rockford to meet the victim, who was reported as a runaway on June 18th. Police say they determined the sexual assault occurred at a residence on Horace Avenue.
On July 2nd, Whiteside County Deputies arrested Abell at a home in Tampico.
Abell has been charged with five counts of Predatory Criminal Sexual Assault, Child Pornography, Kidnapping, Traveling to Meet a Minor, Indecent Solicitation of a Child, and Grooming.
- Rockford Police investigate Auburn St. shooting
- Rockford teens charged after police find loaded gun in car
- After disaster declaration, Ogle County officials say storm damage is like nothing they’ve ever seen
- Rockford house fire possibly caused by severe weather, officials say
- VP Pence tweets “America needs College Football”