Man dies trying to kill bugs with a blowtorch

News

NEVADA (FOX NewsEdge) — A Nevada man died in a fire on Monday after trying to kill bugs with a propane torch.

The tragic situation happened in a suburb just outside of Las Vegas, where fire officials said 63-year-old Jeffrey Long was using a propane torch to exterminate bugs in a crawlspace underneath his house.

Authorities believe that’s when he accidentally ignited combustible materials, sparking a house fire.

Firefighters were able to bring the basement blaze under control, but Long suffered life-threatening injuries and later died at a local hospital.

For more local news, download the MyStateline app and subscribe with Alexa.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories