CICERO, Ill. (AP/CNN) — Officials say a man has been critically injured after being struck in the head with a thrown bowling ball.
WBBM-TV reports 28-year-old Damante Williams is in critical condition at Loyola University Medical Center, where he remained in a medically induced coma Friday.
Cicero town spokesman Ray Hanania says the injury occurred during a fight Wednesday evening at Town Hall Bowl in the Chicago suburb.
Cicero police posted a photo of the suspect on its Facebook page.
Hanania says the fight occurred during a promotion at the bowling alley. He says someone ran from the bowling alley to flag down a police car to report the attack.
- Stateline saxophone great gives musical Memorial Day tribute
- Evening car fire sends local firefighters into action
- Statewide ‘Recall Pritzker’ petition stops in Freeport
- Local veterans recognize Memorial Day in downtown Rockford
- Catholic churches prepare for massive changes upon re-opening doors
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.