CICERO, Ill. (AP/CNN) — Officials say a man has been critically injured after being struck in the head with a thrown bowling ball.
WBBM-TV reports 28-year-old Damante Williams is in critical condition at Loyola University Medical Center, where he remained in a medically induced coma Friday.
Cicero town spokesman Ray Hanania says the injury occurred during a fight Wednesday evening at Town Hall Bowl in the Chicago suburb.
Cicero police posted a photo of the suspect on its Facebook page.
Hanania says the fight occurred during a promotion at the bowling alley. He says someone ran from the bowling alley to flag down a police car to report the attack.
- Rockford City Council discusses raising the number of video gaming machines
- Sinnissippi Golf Course saved from the chopping block, for now
- Auburn’s Nevenhoven hoping for a big October finish to the tennis season
- Police investigate after man shot to death outside Rockford apartment building
- Police investigate after Rockford woman killed while crossing Auburn St.
Copyright © 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.