CICERO, Ill. (AP/CNN) — Officials say a man has been critically injured after being struck in the head with a thrown bowling ball.
WBBM-TV reports 28-year-old Damante Williams is in critical condition at Loyola University Medical Center, where he remained in a medically induced coma Friday.
Cicero town spokesman Ray Hanania says the injury occurred during a fight Wednesday evening at Town Hall Bowl in the Chicago suburb.
Cicero police posted a photo of the suspect on its Facebook page.
Hanania says the fight occurred during a promotion at the bowling alley. He says someone ran from the bowling alley to flag down a police car to report the attack.
- Rockford resident and Lebanon native reacts to massive Beirut explosion
- Local theater group uses downtime to teach young performers
- Tropical Storm Isaias Continues to Move Through the New England States
- Slattery in position for a top 10 finish at the Illinois Open
- Iowa man stole hand sanitizer after breaking into bank, police say
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.