CHICAGO (WGN)— A Chicago man is facing federal arson charges after investigators said he set fire to a Chicago police squad car.
The criminal complaint states Timothy O’Donnell was wearing a clown mask when he set fire to a Chicago Police Department cruiser on North State Street on Saturday during protests following the death of 46-year-old George Floyd.
Investigators identified O’Donnell based on a tattoo on his neck that said “pretty.” He was arrested Tuesday at his apartment on 19th Place in Pilsen.
The complaint goes on to say O’Donnell admitted to being the man in the mask.
- Rivets held to one hit on an opening night loss to the La Crosse Loggers
- Health officials hope people are thoughtful about virus risks ahead of July 4th weekend
- Tips for AC units that could save you big time
- Frequent bus passenger buys ice cream for RMTD workers
- Rockford Art Museum to re-open on Monday