BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Roy Vazquez, 45, was sentenced to serve 19 years in prison Friday after the drug enforcement agents purchase 2 kilos of cocaine from him at the Walmart in Belvidere.
According to the Boone County State’s Attorney, DEA agents met Vazquez, who hails from the Chicago suburb of Berwyn, and Efrain Rodriguez-Diaz, on October 13th, 2017, in the store’s parking lot and paid $58,000 for the drugs.
Rodriguez-Diaz is set to make a plea on July 2nd, 2020.
- Nagy, Bears name Trubisky starter for Sunday against Packers
- Illinois, Ohio State cancel game following positive COVID-19 tests
- How to get “Custom Made” during COVID? Support Small Business Saturday.
- Santa Claus has arrived at CherryVale Mall
- Nicholas Conservatory’s luminary event honors local lives lost in 2020