(CNN) — Jeremy Thomas is the Detroit Police Officer in the heartwarming pictures Jill Schafer shared on Facebook.
Officer Thomas didn’t know anyone was watching when he helped the man shave.
“I observed him standing over here trying to use a water bottle to rinse his hands… his coat his face and his eyes. So I walked up and I said Excuse me sir. And at that point he’s like okay I’ll leave I’ll leave I’ll leave and I said no you need some help. And he turned around blindly and said yes thank you God bless,” Thomas said.
The man Officer Thomas helped was 62-year-old Stanley Nelson.
“What he did for me was alright, because you know, I’m going through my thing. I feel bad about myself but I’m going to be alright,” Nelson said. “God’s going to bless him, he’s going to bless him for doing that. because he didn’t have to do that. He got a heart and he understands, when you’re out here on the street ya know, look out for somebody cuz God will look out for you.”
Helping others is why Officer Thomas joined the Detroit Police Department three years ago.
“Just know that this could be you at any day. I mean like I said nobody’s better than the other person maybe in a better position in life,” Thomas said. “But use that opportunity to take care of somebody else when you can.
- Rockford City Council discusses raising the number of video gaming machines
- Sinnissippi Golf Course saved from the chopping block, for now
- Auburn’s Nevenhoven hoping for a big October finish to the tennis season
- Police investigate after man shot to death outside Rockford apartment building
- Police investigate after Rockford woman killed while crossing Auburn St.
Copyright © 2019 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.