(CNN) — Miller Coors wants to buy you a beer, but you have to unfollow the Miller Lite brand first.
It’s part of a new campaign debuting in a commercial spot airing Tuesday in game one of the World Series.
The premise is “a few friends are better than a few thousand followers.”
The brewer says it got the idea after learning half of all drinkers aged 21 to 27 say they meet with their friends fewer than a few times a month.
So even though it may seem counter-productive, encouraging people to go out may be good for the company’s bottom line.
To get in on the deal, you have to take a photo proving you unfollowed Miller Lite on Facebook or Instagram, then text it to the company.
You’ll then get a link telling you where to upload your receipt, and Miller will credit your Pay-Pal account the cost of a beer.
It’s good until November 29th, or until 118,000 free beers have been handed out.
- Two Cubs employees test positive for COVID-19
- Illinois Men’s Basketball: This Season’s Top Three Moments
- EF-1 Tornado Reported in Ogle County Saturday Night
- Utah man accused of raping woman saying he was going to ‘fix the gay’
- Local pet center offers free doggy-care for owners who are too sick
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.