ROCK COUNTY, Wis. (WTVO) — Around 12:48 a.m. early Saturday morning, the Janesville and Clinton fire departments responded to a single vehicle accident near Hwy 14 and S. Scharine Road.
Investigators say that a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado was traveling southbound on S. Scharine Road when the driver failed to stop at a stop sign and crashed into an embankment.
Officials say the driver, a 43-year old man from Milton, suffered life-threatening injuries. He was rushed to Mercy Hospital & Trauma Center in Janesville but later died from his injuries.
A passenger, a 32-year old man from Milton, was also transported to the hospital and is in stable condition.
Investigators believe alcohol was a factor in the crash. The incident is still under investigation.
- Eight panelists square off in The Great Graduated Income Tax Debate
- Rodgers throws 4 TDs as Packers beat Texans 35-20
- Light snow likely late Sunday night/early Monday morning
- Robinson excels despite Jaguars 39-29 loss to Chargers
- California family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision