ROCK COUNTY, Wis. (WTVO) — Around 12:48 a.m. early Saturday morning, the Janesville and Clinton fire departments responded to a single vehicle accident near Hwy 14 and S. Scharine Road.
Investigators say that a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado was traveling southbound on S. Scharine Road when the driver failed to stop at a stop sign and crashed into an embankment.
Officials say the driver, a 43-year old man from Milton, suffered life-threatening injuries. He was rushed to Mercy Hospital & Trauma Center in Janesville but later died from his injuries.
A passenger, a 32-year old man from Milton, was also transported to the hospital and is in stable condition.
Investigators believe alcohol was a factor in the crash. The incident is still under investigation.
- Johnny Depp sues tabloid newspaper for article calling him a “wife beater”
- Estep’s blast lifts Rivets to their third straight win
- Fighting fires in heat adds extra dangers for area first responders
- Future ‘Rockton Street Market’ liquor license to only include beer and wine
- Long Range Pattern Favors Warmer, Drier than Normal Conditions