‘Misuse of smoking materials’ cited as cause of Freeport house fire

News
fire generic_1508858388115.jpg

Firefighters with the City of Freeport Fire Department extinguished a house fire Monday morning.

Crews were sent to 411 W. American, where the initial call suggested someone may be trapped inside a burning single-story residence. When firefighters arrived, they found a resident spraying a garden hose through a side door.

No one was inside the house and several animals were rescued.

One person suffered a minor burn to the arm and refused treatment.

The house suffered damage to the kitchen and smoke damage throughout. 

The cause of the fire was discovered to be a “misuse of smoking materials.”

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Made in the Stateline

More Made in the Stateline

Education Matters

More Education Matters

Behind the Badge

More Behind the Badge

Stateline Strong

More Stateline Strong