SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WMBD) — The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 2,728 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 33 additional deaths.
The rolling positivity rate in Region 1 continues to drop and is currently at 5%. Boone and Winnebago Counties recorded the highest positivity rates in the region at 6.7% and 6.2% respectively.
However, hospital ICU bed availability in the region remains under the threshold at 14%.
- Cook County: 1 female 20s, 1 male 40s, 1 female 50s, 2 males 50s, 1 female 70s, 2 males 70s, 3 females 80s, 1 male 80s, 4 females 90s
- DuPage County: 1 male 50s
- Kankakee County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s
- Macon County: 1 female 70s
- Marshall County: 1 female 90s
- McHenry County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 70s
- McLean County: 1 male 80s
- Monroe County: 1 male 70s
- Morgan County: 1 male 70s
- Peoria County: 1 female 80s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 90s
- Will County: 1 male 50s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 80s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,328,454 cases, including 21,891 deaths.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 87,698 specimens for a total of 22,469,213.
As of last night, 2,154 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 502 patients were in the ICU and 238 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from April 21-27 is 3.4%.
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from April 21-27 is 4.1%.
The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses for Illinois is 11,322,205.
A total of 9,048,300 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight.
The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 100,823 doses.
Yesterday, 106,173 doses were reported administered in Illinois.