MCHENRY COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — The family of slain McHenry County Deputy Jacob Keltner received some financial help Wednesday, with their mortgage paid in full.
The group helps to ensure that surviving family members aren’t forced from their homes because of money concerns.
Deputy Keltner was shot and killed in March at a Rockford hotel while he was attempting to serve an arrest warrant.
He left behind a wife and two young sons.
- Costco to ban non-members from food court
- Inmate dubbed the ‘Starved Rock Killer’ freed after 59 years
- New mother rushes into fire, saves driver from tanker explosion in Indianapolis
- Wisconsin nurse sentenced to 13 years in prison for abusing nine infants, leaving them with broken ribs, legs
- Rockford man charged with string of recent retail thefts