MCHENRY COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — The family of slain McHenry County Deputy Jacob Keltner received some financial help Wednesday, with their mortgage paid in full.
The group helps to ensure that surviving family members aren’t forced from their homes because of money concerns.
Deputy Keltner was shot and killed in March at a Rockford hotel while he was attempting to serve an arrest warrant.
He left behind a wife and two young sons.
- Rockford Housing Authority temporarily closes offices after employee tests positive
- Rodgers leads Packers into title game with 32-18 win vs Rams
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue
- Iowa teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant