MACHESNEY PARK (WTVO) – On Saturday October 19th, 2019 Winnebago County Sheriff’s Police ( Machesney Park Division) responded to a call of a single vehicle motorcycle crash at 6:45 PM, in the 1100 Block of Prairie Lane in Machesney Park. Il.
Sheriff’s Deputies located a motorcycle that had crashed with a 46-year-old male and female passenger.
The motorcycle had been traveling westbound on Prairie lane and left the roadway.
According to Winnebago’s Coroner’s Office the male was found to be critically injured at the scene. He was treated at the scene and transported to Swedish American Hospital.
Treatments were continued and he was pronounced dead in the ER, according to officials.
The driver was pronounced deceased at 7:28 p.m.
The female rider was transported to a local hospital with what appears to be non life threatening injuries.
The crash is under investigation by Sheriff’s Deputies, Crime scene personnel and accident reconstructionists.
The name of the deceased driver is not being released at this time pending notification of next of kin.
The investigation is ongoing and further information will be released when available.
- Winnebago County businesses brace for more restrictions as COVID-19 pos. rate reaches warning level
- Drive-thru flu shots available in Stephenson County
- Trump announces ‘Born Alive’ executive order
- October will feature two full moons, including Halloween
- President Trump holds White House news briefing