SPRINGFIELD, S.C. (WSAV) – A nine year old boy died after his father accidentally shot him while hunting.
Colton Williams was out rabbit hunting with his father and a family friend on Thanksgiving when his dad accidentally shot him, according to family members. The group was hunting in Orangeburg County.
Colton was a fourth grade student at Kelly Edwards Elementary School in Williston. The Williston School District says counselors will be at the school on Monday and will be available throughout the week, or longer, if needed.
A GoFundMe page has been set up for his parents, Brian Williams and Caiti Furtick, to help pay for funeral expenses.
- LISTEN: 31 people virtually sing ‘It is Well with My Soul’
- Record 16.6 million have sought US jobless aid since virus
- 11 people displaced after DeKalb apartment fire
- 103-year-old great-grandmother says courage, hydration, faith helped beat virus
- First round of coronavirus stimulus checks on the way