CHICAGO (AP) — Authorities say a Chicago firefighter responding to a car fire overnight was shot in the leg.
Fire Commissioner Richard Ford II says firefighters arrived at the scene around 1 a.m. Sunday when someone began shooting.
The firefighters took cover, but one six-year department veteran was hit in the lower left leg. The 36-year-old firefighter is expected to make a full recovery with physical therapy.
Police have not made any arrests in the attack.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- QAnon’s ‘Save the Children’ morphs into popular slogan
- Illinois student suspended over pellet gun seen in virtual classroom
- Wendy’s has a new chicken sandwich, and you can get one free
- RIP Mexican Pizza: Popular Taco Bell dish starts disappearing from menus
- White House lists ‘ending the COVID-19 pandemic’ as an accomplishment
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.