HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Rexburg Police Department said that the remains found on Chad Daybell’s property on Tuesday were those of the missing children.
The medical examiner’s office did an autopsy and a positive identification was made.
The medical examiner confirms that the bodies were those of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan.
Daybell was arrested Tuesday, June 9 after a search of his Idaho home turned up human remains.
Law enforcement agencies found the remains near a burn pit behind a red dam.
He was charged with destruction, alteration and concealment of evidence. He had a court appearance on Wednesday, June 10.
The children have been missing since September.
Lori Vallow is scheduled for a preliminary hearing next month.
- Hoppin’ good time: Kangaroo on the loose in Illinois
- Slim Jim jerky recipe creator Lon Adams dies of COVID-19
- Winnebago County officials expect slow rollout of COVID-19 vaccine, beginning as early as next week
- Top dog, cat names of 2020 include coronavirus-related monikers
- Police searching for motorist who killed cat by throwing it out of Jeep into busy Oklahoma intersection
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.