CHICAGO, Ill. (AP) — Police say a 1-year-old boy whose father claimed had been shot in the head by a gunman outside their Chicago home was actually struck by a bullet as his parents struggled over a gun.
The shooting happened Monday night. Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi says the child is listed in serious but stable condition.
The father told authorities that a gunman had shot the boy on a street nearby. Guglielmi says investigators determined Tuesday that the parents had been struggling over a gun inside their home when it discharged.
The parents are in custody but haven’t been charged.
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Put on the spot over white supremacy, President Trump tells Proud Boys to ‘stand by’
- Giolito’s gem leads White Sox to wild card win
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate