CHICAGO, Ill. (AP) — Police say a 1-year-old boy whose father claimed had been shot in the head by a gunman outside their Chicago home was actually struck by a bullet as his parents struggled over a gun.
The shooting happened Monday night. Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi says the child is listed in serious but stable condition.
The father told authorities that a gunman had shot the boy on a street nearby. Guglielmi says investigators determined Tuesday that the parents had been struggling over a gun inside their home when it discharged.
The parents are in custody but haven’t been charged.
- APD: Couple shoots 3, kills 2 after attempted home invasion
- Indoor Relative Humidity: Keeping You Comfortable
- IceHogs to pay tribute to a previous Stateline hockey team on Jersey Auction Night
- Rockford man faces numerous weapon charges after six hour standoff
- Former State Representative still making impact in retirement