CONYERS, Ga. (AP) — A 12-year-old boy has been wounded in a shooting at an elementary school in Georgia and another child is in custody.
Rockdale County sheriff’s deputies say deputies responded Friday to Peeks Chapel Elementary School in Conyers at about 6:35 p.m. and found the boy with a gunshot wound. He was taken to an area hospital. His condition was not presently known.
Deputies say a boy was taken into custody and has been charged in connection with the shooting. The exact charges and details about the shooting have not been released.
Neither child’s name has been released because of their age.
According to sheriff’s office, the incident remains under investigation.
- Habitat for Humanity annual pasta dinner goes curbside
- Beloit hero receives national recognition for saving woman, kids from burning home
- Poplar Grove releases trick-or-treating hours for Halloween
- ‘Tell my mom I love her’: Graphic body camera video shows police officer shooting 13-year-old boy with autism
- UPS hiring 1,200 seasonal employees in Rockford
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.