(CNN) – There’s more bad news about the flu.
Apparently the main strain of flu that’s circulating doesn’t exactly match what’s in this year’s flu shot.
The Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases says children are particularly susceptible to influenza b/victoria ….and that this year’s flu vaccine isn’t a very good match for it.
Experts say even though it’s not a good match for b/victoria – a flu shot can still save a child’s life.
According to CDC data released last week…..if your child is exposed to b/victoria, there’s a 58-percent chance that their flu shot will be well matched to protect against it.
The vaccine is however a “a really good match” for the strain called H1N1.
The CDC reports that 32 children have died from the flu this season.
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Inmate kills convicted child molester, officials say
- 49ers, Packers on verge of Super Bowl return
- Mother acting as surrogate for another family dies while giving birth
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.