CHICAGO (AP) — Officials say an elderly resident of a suburban Chicago nursing home where dozens of people were sickened by the coronavirus has died.
The death of a 90-year-old woman who resided at Chateau Nursing & Rehabilitation Center in Willowbrook was announced Tuesday.
The woman was one of 33 residents and 13 staffers who have contracted the virus. A top official at the facility denies a claim by a former nurse who said she quit because she the facility lacked protective gear and cleaning supplies.
The new coronavirus has caused a global pandemic that has sickened more than 438,000, killed at least 19,600 worldwide.
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- ‘I’m ready to save grown-ups’: Lurie Children’s Hospital loans ventilators
- Coronavirus forces Ohio dairy farmers to dump milk while grocers limit purchase quantities
- Car flips and catches fire in downtown Rockford
- New data shows peoples’ cell phone habits are changing