SANTA CLARA, Cal. (CNN) — Police in California are calling on the public to help catch the person who beat a 91-year-old man with a rock.
The heartbreaking story gets worse. Police say the man was visiting his wife’s grave like he does everyday when he was attacked.
Other visitors at the cemetery saw the beating and called 911.
Authorities have released a sketch that they hope will identify the suspect.
“It is completely unacceptable and we are at the point where we’re challenging the public to help us identify and locate the person responsible for this,” said Captain Wahid Kazem from Santa Clara Police.
There’s no word on the victim’s condition, but police say some of his possessions were stolen during the attack.
- Bottom line: Surprise ambulance trips cost big bucks
- Last week saw highest ever level of global COVID cases over 7-day period
- Las Vegas Raiders receive backlash for tweet on Chauvin verdict
- Roscoe community debates special wedding venue approval for Hidden Creek Estates
- After K9 Loki’s death, new bill to protect police and service dogs passes Illinois House