DULUTH, Minn. (WTVO) — An aviation company with ties to Rockford has shut down a facility in Minnesota due to fallout from the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
AAR said Friday it will permanently close its Duluth maintenance facility.
The pandemic has had a devastating effect on the airline industry, with whom AAR works closely.
About 275,000 will lose their jobs. The facility had been in operation since 2012.
A spokesperson for the company said equipment from the Duluth facility will be transferred to other AAR locations in the US and Canada.
AAR also operates a facility at the Chicago Rockford International Airport.
- Police: Gun shop owner shoots, kills looter in Philadelphia
- Hot & Humid Tuesday, Strong Storms Possible Overnight
- 1st human trial of COVID-19 antibody treatment begins
- Democratic governors reject Trump’s call to send in military
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather to pay for George Floyd’s funeral