CHICAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — Police responded to reports of an active shooter at a Chicago VA hospital on Monday afternoon.
Police were called out to the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center at 820 S. Damen Avenue.
Officials said there were no reports of anyone injured and a suspect has been taken into custody, according to ABC News.
A witness at the scene said a gunman with a rifle started shooting at the exterior of the building, and a vehicle tried to run him over. Several windows at the front of the hospital were shattered.
According to WLS, the man then entered the hospital and walked to a pharmacy area where VA officers ordered him to the ground.
The shooter was then taken into custody.
- Scattered showers continue into Wednesday
- 9 charged after McCloskey confrontation won’t be prosecuted
- Dolly Parton announces release date for Netflix Christmas movie
- Will Trump say ‘fake news’ or ‘China’ more?: Sportsbooks offer bets for presidential debate
- Local expert, undecided voters weigh in on impact of first presidential debate