CHICAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — Police responded to reports of an active shooter at a Chicago VA hospital on Monday afternoon.
Police were called out to the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center at 820 S. Damen Avenue.
Officials said there were no reports of anyone injured and a suspect has been taken into custody, according to ABC News.
A witness at the scene said a gunman with a rifle started shooting at the exterior of the building, and a vehicle tried to run him over. Several windows at the front of the hospital were shattered.
According to WLS, the man then entered the hospital and walked to a pharmacy area where VA officers ordered him to the ground.
The shooter was then taken into custody.
- Pritzker issues disaster proclamation for Stephenson County as unrest continues statewide
- Freeport clergy host ‘drive-around’ protest in pursuit of racial justice
- WATCH LIVE: Obama holds town hall to discuss Floyd protests
- Ohio Democrats push to declare racism a public health crisis
- Job posting: Free beer and $20K to hike 2,200-mile trail