ELMORE, Ala. (WIAT) — The Elmore County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a man after he allegedly tried to meet up with a 13-year-old girl in Illinois for sexual relations.
Connor Grier, 20, of Deatsville was taken into custody Sunday just after 9 p.m. after multiple authorities in both Alabama and Illinois teamed up.
The Alabama Department of Corrections confirmed that Grier was a Correctional Officer Trainee at the Elmore Correctional Facility. He resigned from his position at the time of his arrest.
Grier now faces charges of transmission of obscene material to a child, traveling to meet a child for an unlawful sex act, and enticing/soliciting a child.
- No trick-or-treating in Beloit this Halloween
- Superfat is changing the way you snack
- Celebrate Vintage Shop Hop at Home on Hayloft
- Texas man who sought to kill, rape and eat a child sentenced to 40 years in federal prison
- Defining law terms with Cronauer Law