AUSTIN, Texas (KXAN) — Authorities are asking the public for assistance tracking down a 3-week-old baby last seen leaving the hospital three days after being delivered.
Police are looking for a 2007 Gold Pontiac Torrent with a Texas license plate KNN7632
According to police, the baby’s mother Brittany Smith checked into a local hospital under a false name. Smith gave birth to her son, Elijah Phillips, on July 19.
Police say Smith gave permission for her baby to leave the hospital with a family member three days after he was born. She gave Elijah to her cousin Brandy Yovonne Galbert on July 22 and neither has been seen since.
On July 24, two days after Elijah was taken from the hospital, Child Protective Investigations issued a court order to remove the child from Smith’s custody.
Smith, along with Elijah’s father, Carl Dennis Haden, have not been located. Police say they may be in the Austin or Killeen area. Investigators and CPI say they are worried about the child’s safety.
Anyone with information on Elijah’s whereabouts should call 9-1-1 immediately or the North Austin Detectives at 512-974-5484 or call Crime Stoppers at 512-472-TIPS.
- Pushback grows as states require LGBTQ history
- Woman reels in bizarre fish with 2 mouths
- Illinois has more jobs than last year; then why are unemployment rates up?
- Rockford airport to receive $14.7 million owed by the State
- Swedish American’s new Creekside Medical Center opens Monday