LONG PRAIRIE, M.N. (AP) – Authorities say the son of a former NFL lineman wanted on murder charges in Minnesota for the shooting of his parents has been arrested in Mexico.
The Todd County Sheriff’s Office says 22-year-old Dylan John Bennett was arrested at a hotel on Saturday in Cancun.
Authorities say Bennett had contacted County Sheriff Steve Och earlier in the day to say that he would turn himself in to the FBI. But authorities say the arrest by Mexican authorities came before the information could be communicated to them.
The bodies of 63-year-old Barry Bennett and his wife, Carol, were found Wednesday when a friend went to their home in Long Prairie, Minnesota, for a welfare check.
Barry Bennett played 11 seasons with the New Orleans Saints, New York Jets and Minnesota Vikings.
- Twitter disables Trump campaign’s George Floyd video tribute
- Illinois schools can reopen for summer school, Pritzker says
- Court rules against planned Sydney protest due to virus fear
- Cedar Point, Kings Island, Kalahari Resorts sue Ohio Department of Health to reopen
- Personal protective equipment winding up in ocean, environmental groups say
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.