LUMBERTON, N.C. (AP) – Authorities say a 13-year-old suspect in a double homicide has escaped from a courthouse in eastern North Carolina.
The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday the teenager, identified as Jehrico W., escaped from Juvenile Court around noon Tuesday.
He was last seen in a white T-shirt and beige pants, wearing leg restraints without shoes. The boy is described as having brown eyes and brown hair, standing about 5 feet tall (1.5 meters) and weighing about 110 pounds (49 kilograms).
He and a 19-year-old co-defendant, Derrick Deshawn Hunt, are charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the killings of two brothers, Frank Thomas, 34, and Adam Thomas, 33, found dead inside a home last month.
- Wrong-way driver hits pedestrian, tried to hit NYSP trooper
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Illinois officials announce 7,873 new cases of COVID-19 Saturday, 108 additional deaths
- Nagy, Bears name Trubisky starter for Sunday against Packers
- Illinois, Ohio State cancel game following positive COVID-19 tests
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.