WASHINGTON, D.C. (WTVO) — The U.S. Navy Blue Angels and Air Force Thunderbirds are planning a national tour to honor healthcare and essential workers during the COVID-19 crisis.
According to the Washington Post, the Pentagon plans to launch “Operation America Strong,” which will happen over “America’s major cities and some cities that aren’t so major,” according to President Donald Trump.
At Wednesday’s Coronavirus Task Force briefing, Trump said “This is a tribute to them, our warriors. They’re equal warriors to those incredible pilots and all of the fighters that we have for the more traditional fights.”
According to WLS, the Thunderbirds will fly over various cities in the western U.S., and the Blue Angels will fly over cities in the eastern U.S.
The dates for the fly over show, which will not include stunts, are yet to be announced.
- Rockford area basketball scores for Thursday, February 25
- Miller removes anarchist militia decal from pickup truck, claims ignorance
- E-Rabs keep rolling, defeat Boylan for fifth straight win
- Hononegah out of quarantine flourishes at Auburn
- No buzzer-beater required this time, Amboy girls roll against Eastland