WASHINGTON, D.C. (WTVO) — The U.S. Navy Blue Angels and Air Force Thunderbirds are planning a national tour to honor healthcare and essential workers during the COVID-19 crisis.
According to the Washington Post, the Pentagon plans to launch “Operation America Strong,” which will happen over “America’s major cities and some cities that aren’t so major,” according to President Donald Trump.
At Wednesday’s Coronavirus Task Force briefing, Trump said “This is a tribute to them, our warriors. They’re equal warriors to those incredible pilots and all of the fighters that we have for the more traditional fights.”
According to WLS, the Thunderbirds will fly over various cities in the western U.S., and the Blue Angels will fly over cities in the eastern U.S.
The dates for the fly over show, which will not include stunts, are yet to be announced.
- Murray throws for 2 TDs, runs for 2 as Cardinals beat Bears
- Lost children, friends eaten by wild beasts: New book captures plight of U.S.-bound migrants
- Trump calls top US general a ‘f—— idiot’ during speech at Mar-a-Lago
- These new U.S. travel restrictions begin Monday
- Fauci says early reports encouraging about omicron variant