HUNTLEY, Ill. (AP) — Authorities say the body of a missing 18-year-old has been found in suburban Chicago after a week of searches.
The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office and coroner say Aidan Beckford’s body was found by a search volunteer’s dog on Saturday afternoon an unincorporated area of suburban McHenry County. The area includes a wooded tract, the Fox River and neighborhood homes.
Authorities did not release further details on the discovery or how long the Huntley man had been dead. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.
Beckford was last seen the evening of Aug. 30 when he exited a vehicle without shoes. Authorities had said he ran off after an argument with a relative.
Law enforcement, volunteers and his family have been searching in that area since then.
- ACLU defends Pritzker’s move to prioritize prisoner vaccinations
- Legendary quarterbacks to be center-stage for NFC Championship game
- Lester agrees to deal with Nationals
- Restaurants welcome back employees with return of indoor dining in Rockford region
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.