MADISON, Wis. (AP) – Police in Madison have arrested two 13-year-old boys after one was accused of firing a pellet gun on a school bus and the other of taking the weapon into their school.
Police said one of the boys fired the gun out of a bus window on Tuesday afternoon, striking a girl who had just disembarked.
School security staffers intercepted the boy as he arrived at Jefferson Middle School on Wednesday morning and arrested him.
The other student was arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm on school grounds.
- Huskies Upended by SIU Edwardsville
- No. 5 Illini fall in early season top-five matchup with No. 2 Baylor
- Frosty Wednesday morning, Toasty Wednesday afternoon
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- Community mourns beloved businessman Tony Artale after losing battle with COVID-19