(CNN) — It’s as much of a tradition at the Illinois State Fair as the rides, hot dogs and cotton candy.
The butter cow is back and looking “unsalty” as ever.
Made from hundreds of pounds of real butter, the”butter cow” has been a staple at the fair in Springfield for nearly 100 years.
It’s understandably one of the most popular attractions at the fair.
To sculpt the life size butter cow, which is done by hand, takes about five days.
500 pounds of unsalted butter was used this year to create the cow.
- Rockford moms join the nationwide effort to stop gun violence
- Trump dismisses worries of recession, says economy is strong
- Buchanan Street Stroll, Belvidere’s new street fest
- Polish Fest keeps residents connected to their roots
- DIYers put skills to test in Anything That Floats Race
Copyright © 2019 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.