(CNN) — It’s as much of a tradition at the Illinois State Fair as the rides, hot dogs and cotton candy.
The butter cow is back and looking “unsalty” as ever.
Made from hundreds of pounds of real butter, the”butter cow” has been a staple at the fair in Springfield for nearly 100 years.
It’s understandably one of the most popular attractions at the fair.
To sculpt the life size butter cow, which is done by hand, takes about five days.
500 pounds of unsalted butter was used this year to create the cow.
- Harlem School District residents could get property tax relief thanks to state grant
- Rick Ciganek sworn in as Winnebago County’s Chief Deputy
- NTSB holds press conference on crash that killed Kobe Bryant
- Choice Furniture at CherryVale Mall set to close in March
- Ex-Illinois lawmaker charged with red-light camera bribery
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.