(CNN) — The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says people are getting sick and even dying from ingesting hand sanitizer!
Since the coronavirus pandemic, the use of hand sanitizer is much more prevalent.
It’s great for keeping hands clean, but it’s not safe to swallow.
The CDC says some children might drink hand sanitizer by mistake and some people might think it’s a substitute for alcoholic drinks — but it’s not!
The US Food and Drug Administration recently put out a warning to be on the lookout for methanol in some hand sanitizers distributed in the US.
Methanol is toxic and can even poison people through their skin!
The CDC said 15 adults in Arizona and New Mexico were hospitalized between May and June for methanol poisoning after consuming alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
Four of them died, six developed seizures while in the hospital and three were discharged with new visual impairments.
- Eight panelists square off in The Great Graduated Income Tax Debate
- Rodgers throws 4 TDs as Packers beat Texans 35-20
- Light snow likely late Sunday night/early Monday morning
- Robinson excels despite Jaguars 39-29 loss to Chargers
- California family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision