CHICAGO (WGN) — Cook County is set to overtake Queens, New York as the county with the most COVID-19 cases nationwide.
Queens County reported a total of 56,889 cases on Wednesday. Cook County reported 56,406.
The trends suggest Cook County could overtake Queens as soon as Thursday. Queens County is on a downward trend from its peak.
As far as deaths, Cook County has seen about 2,000 fewer than Queens.
- Nagy, Bears name Trubisky starter for Sunday against Packers
- Illinois, Ohio State cancel game following positive COVID-19 tests
- How to get “Custom Made” during COVID? Support Small Business Saturday.
- Santa Claus has arrived at CherryVale Mall
- Nicholas Conservatory’s luminary event honors local lives lost in 2020