CHICAGO (WGN) — Cook County is set to overtake Queens, New York as the county with the most COVID-19 cases nationwide.
Queens County reported a total of 56,889 cases on Wednesday. Cook County reported 56,406.
The trends suggest Cook County could overtake Queens as soon as Thursday. Queens County is on a downward trend from its peak.
As far as deaths, Cook County has seen about 2,000 fewer than Queens.
- Police: Gun shop owner shoots, kills looter in Philadelphia
- Hot & Humid Tuesday, Strong Storms Possible Overnight
- 1st human trial of COVID-19 antibody treatment begins
- Democratic governors reject Trump’s call to send in military
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather to pay for George Floyd’s funeral