CHICAGO (WGN) — Cook County is set to overtake Queens, New York as the county with the most COVID-19 cases nationwide.
Queens County reported a total of 56,889 cases on Wednesday. Cook County reported 56,406.
The trends suggest Cook County could overtake Queens as soon as Thursday. Queens County is on a downward trend from its peak.
As far as deaths, Cook County has seen about 2,000 fewer than Queens.
- East athletes restore the school’s great tradition in track & field
- Strong Storms Appearing Likely Late Thursday
- Video shows California officer’s daring rescue of man, dog from burning car
- Josh Duggar asks for child pornography trial to be delayed until 2022
- Portland officers resign en masse from squad tasked with protest response