(WJW) – A word of advice when it comes to signing legal documents in the New Year. The East Millinocket Police Department in Maine posted on their Facebook page a word of caution when it comes to abbreviating 2020.
If you sign a document and only put 20 as the year, someone could modify it to include a different year.
According to the department, by writing out 2020 it could potentially save you some trouble down the road.
More tips to keep you protected in 2020 from the Better Business Bureau here.
- LIVE: Biden to elevate role of science with cabinet picks
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- Protests demand Ted Cruz’s resignation at senator’s Houston office
- Rock County man arrested for 7th OWI
- More than 30 lawmakers call for investigation into ‘suspicious’ access to Capitol Complex ahead of breach