ATLANTA, Ga. (WTVO/CNN) — A family was surprised to find an owl hiding in their Christmas tree last week.
According to CNN, Katie McBride Newman and her two children were finishing dinner when her 10 year old daughter, India, ran into the dining room and said, “Mama, that ornament scared me!”
Newman said she had about a dozen owl ornaments on the tree and thought India had been frightened by one.
But when she went to look, she said the owl turned its head and looked directly at her.
“And I’m like, ‘Oh, that’s a real owl,'” Newman said.
Newman’s husband, Billy, told CNN that the family had purchased the tree two days after Thanksgiving.
An employee from the Chattahoochee Nature Center was able to come by and collect the owl, identified as a species common in the Georgia area.
- Rockford Rivets hopeful of resuming their season on Thursday
- Local financial expert shares tips for college students
- Fallen Rockford detective remembered 19 years later
- Annual Sturgis rally in expecting 250K, stirring virus concerns
- Miss Carly’s and staff gets a well deserved makeover!