(CNN) — The new Smart TV you bought during Black Friday could be spying on you.
The FBI is warning consumers that screens with advanced tech such as cameras and microphones could be hacked by cyber criminals who could potentially snoop or stalk you.
To protect yourself, the FBI recommends changing the default password and keeping up with software updates. Also, consider putting black tape over the camera or disabling the microphone.
- Michigan mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- Illinois health officials report 5,343 new cases of COVID-19, 130 deaths on Saturday
- Governors’ anger grows as federal vaccine stockpile vanishes
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.