(CNN) — The new Smart TV you bought during Black Friday could be spying on you.
The FBI is warning consumers that screens with advanced tech such as cameras and microphones could be hacked by cyber criminals who could potentially snoop or stalk you.
To protect yourself, the FBI recommends changing the default password and keeping up with software updates. Also, consider putting black tape over the camera or disabling the microphone.
- ‘Number 24 will never again be worn by a Dallas Maverick,’ owner Mark Cuban says after Kobe Bryant’s death
- Democrats demand Bolton testify at Trump’s impeachment trial
- Bryant’s helicopter flew in fog that grounded other choppers
- College baseball coach, daughter, and wife among 9 Killed in California helicopter crash
- Fans, celebrities react to death of retired NBA legend Kobe Bryant after crash
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.