(CNN) — The new Smart TV you bought during Black Friday could be spying on you.
The FBI is warning consumers that screens with advanced tech such as cameras and microphones could be hacked by cyber criminals who could potentially snoop or stalk you.
To protect yourself, the FBI recommends changing the default password and keeping up with software updates. Also, consider putting black tape over the camera or disabling the microphone.
- Unsettled and cooler pattern returns
- Chilly rain continues through Sunday evening
- Trubisky benched, Foles completes comeback in 30-26 win over Falcons
- Local yoga studio takes unique approach to relieve stress for Suicide Prevention Month
- Janesville Fire invites community to ‘Chalk the Walk’ for fire safety
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.