(CNN) — The new Smart TV you bought during Black Friday could be spying on you.
The FBI is warning consumers that screens with advanced tech such as cameras and microphones could be hacked by cyber criminals who could potentially snoop or stalk you.
To protect yourself, the FBI recommends changing the default password and keeping up with software updates. Also, consider putting black tape over the camera or disabling the microphone.
- Dream Team: Olympic shot put hopeful coached by wife
- IDPH announces 3,866 new cases of COVID-19, 21 additional deaths
- Data beach reveals US police, public officials donated to Kenosha shooting suspect Rittenhouse
- Biden welcomes Japan’s prime minister as China watches
- Man ‘freaked out’ after finding snake in lettuce bought at supermarket
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.